Here are some of my favorites:
* LOOMIS! (Esp. Loomis 1st Ward!!)
-- Del Oro High School, actually all the schools.
-- The fact that you could probably hold church meetings in Raleys regularly--I think it is safe to estimate that approximately 1/4 of the residents of Loomis are LDS.
-- Eggplant Festival ('nuff said!)
-- The town will never get bigger than 6,000 people. Love it!
* Old Sac/Midtown
-- Sutter's Fort, Railroad Museum, etc.
-- State Capital Rose Garden
-- The walk along the Sacramento River
* Spring comes early! The trees are starting to blossom already!! YEAH!
* Sacramento is close to everything. Tahoe, Reno, and San Francisco are all only 2 hours
* Rivercats games
* We have our own temple!
* Folsom Lake
* My co-worker told me I have to put Roseville Galleria Mall on the list, but I'm putting the fact
that it caught fire 4 months ago and you can still see the burned out roof, allowing the rain
inside the mall. I snicker every time I drive past.
* Seasonal Activities: Apple Hill, Bishop's Pumpkin Patch, the outdoor summer concerts at The
Fountains, Second Tuesdays (in Midtown)
* Coloma and other Historical Sites
* The Cheese Shop in Newcastle--BEST SANDWICHES EVER!
|I took this pic last night in a neighborhood near mine. I love the palm tree & the pine tree. Totally California. The bright spots in the sky are the moon (the big one) and Deneb (I think that is the small one).|